It's winter at Fat Toad Farm which makes visiting and touring the farm more challenging. We will be open for tours ONLY by appointment - call 802-279-0098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. Our farm store is self-serve and is open 9-4 daily and is stocked with our delicious farmstead caramel sauces to sample. We accept all major credit cards! The farm is closed to visitors during kidding season- March 1st- April 15th.
Maps to the farm are available at Floyd's General Store right up the hill from exit 4 off Interstate 89 in Randolph Center. We recommend you pick up a map or follow the directions below rather than using Google Maps or your GPS as they are often inaccurate in our neck of the woods.
How far is it from busy Interstate 89 to Fat Toad Farm? You’ll travel less than 5 miles in about 10 minutes.
Directions from Exit 4, Interstate 89 to Fat Toad Farm:
- As you exit I-89, turn east (up hill) on Rt. 66 and follow it 2/3 of a mile to the Village of Randolph Center.
- Stay on Rt. 66 as it makes a hard turn to the left (North) in Randolph Center and passes Floyd's Store (on your right).
- About 1/2 mile north of Floyd's Store, bear left off Rt. 66 as at curves up to the east on to Ridge Road. The signage for Ridge Road is poor here, but you should see signs for "Brookfield 6" and "Neighborly Farms' with arrows pointing out the Ridge Road to the North.
- Go north on Ridge Road 1 1/4 miles and turn right on North Randolph Road at the large dairy farm. There is a sign here that says 'Neigh'ly Farm' --- a not altogether helpful abbreviation.
- Follow North Randolph Road east for 1 3/4 miles to the four-way intersection at Neighborly Farms (another great farm visit).
- Turn left at the four-way intersection on to Curtis Road just past the Neighborly Farms store - again signage is poor here, the Curtis Road sign is actually on the right hand side of the road.
- Follow Curtis Road North for 3/4 of a mile and turn right on Kibbee Road at (another!) dairy farm comprised of red barns and a red farmhouse.
- Follow Kibbee Road east for 3/4 of a mile and look for the blue Fat Toad Farm sign on your left in front of our rambling, red farmhouse. Park beside the road or in the driveway and keep your eyes open for the official Fat Toad Farm "Greeters", a 100 pound yellow lab named Boo and Molly the Border Collie. Both dogs are very friendly, but if you bring your own dog please leave it in your car. ...also, if you find yourself throwing sticks for Molly to fetch, beware you will grow old and die before she gets tired of this game.
...also try not to run over any of our chickens :)