Apple Cinnamon Caramel Bundt Cake
This fabulous Apple Cinnamon Caramel Cake recipe was created for us by local baking extraordinaire Timnah Zimet, a local student at Randolph Union High School. Moist and delicious, this is cake is perfect for the holidays and a definite crowd pleaser!
- 2 1/2 cups all-pupose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Packed dark brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons Unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 cup (one 8 oz. jar) Fat Toad Farm Goat's Milk Caramel - cinnamon or original
- 3 medium Apples, peeled, cored, and cut in 1/4 inch slices
- Position rack in lower third of oven. Preheat to 350 degrees. Grease a standard size Bundt pan (probably the one you have). Mix dry ingredients, except sugar, together. In another bowl, beat eggs together, then add sugar, butter, applesauce and 1/2 cup caramel. Mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Arrange apple slices in Bundt pan. Pour 1/4 cup of the remaining caramel over the apples. Leave the last 1/4 cup for drizzling over the cake when you serve it. Pour batter evenly on top. Bake 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool on rack for 5 minutes, then invert onto a plate. Serve warm with caramel drizzled on top and vanilla ice cream.